1. Dress in current attire, but remember that a basic formula may give you a put-together style that is both stylish and edgy. With a beautiful pair of dark washed jeans, a sophisticated shirt, a stylish jacket, and some killer boots, you'll have a current outfit that will never make you feel "old." Of course, if you want to go for a more vintage look, then simply follow the rules below!
2. Keep an eye on trends: If a hot trend comes out, you know that it's time to get involved. For example, if leather jackets are in this year, then wear leather jackets! But don't just copy what everyone else is wearing - customize it so it fits your body type and personal style.
3. Don't be afraid to experiment with your wardrobe: As long as you aren't hurting anyone with your choices, then who cares what you wear? Test out new looks by changing accessories or even parts of your clothes (like buttons or hems). You can't go wrong with adding some color to your wardrobe!
4. Have fun with it: The older you get, the less important fashion seems to be. So if you're not worried about how you look or if you don't care about what others think, have fun dressing up in crazy outfits!
5. Look after yourself: Take good care of your skin and hair by using products that don't damage them.
Combine old and contemporary items. Wear peplum shirts and silk tie-neck blouses with slim jeans. Fit-and-flare dresses look great with casual accessories like studded flat sandals, a cross-body purse, and aviator sunglasses. Wear sheath dresses from the 1960s with a slim belt and Birkenstocks. Invest in good-quality vintage clothing that will last a long time.
Don't worry about looking scruffy or untidy. People usually like how you express yourself free from worrying about what others think. Have fun!
Casually vintage means not having to worry about matching clothes or spending a lot of money - this is perfect for someone who likes to live an affordable life. You can create your own unique look by mixing and matching pieces from different eras. For example, you could wear a flirty skirt with a classic white shirt and loafers or go for a more dressed up approach with a pencil skirt and high heels. It's all about having fun with fashion!
If you want to look totally casual, but still be taken seriously, try wearing a tee shirt. They're easy to wear and come in a variety of styles so you should be able to find something that suits you. If you want to add a bit of interest, choose a printed or striped version.
For some reason, people think we need to match our clothes to look good. This isn't true - anything goes with shoes!
To go as an old guy, wear khaki pants, a sweater vest, and a bow tie.
So, here are my recommendations for dressing stylishly casually over the age of 60.
What Should You Wear in Your Sixties?